Sign in to follow this  
Daveeboy

Map loading time very long!!!

Hi guys, I thought I was the only one who had that problem but I can ear online I\'m not the only one. When changing map some won\'t load directly. I get the loading page showing, wait, than Windows desktop appears and only after that the loading map page appears and start loading.This causes that I can\'t get in fast enough to play first round of S&D.The maps that are causing that to happen are in a different folder than the USERMAPS folder. size=480http://www.thedadsarmy.net/images/fbfiles/images/english.jpg[/img] And the one that loads correctly are in the usermaps folder. I\'ve tried to create folders to drag the maps from english folder maps to USERMAPS folder. The .ff files but once loading the game says files different form server.Any idea how to fix that?If not could anyone tell me what are the files that contains our profile information (level, experience). So I could reinstall COD4.Thanks guys

Guest Wise

most of the ones in the english folder should be the stock maps..also if your doing any map making yourself using the mod tools it puts the FF files in there..the dads mod shouldn\'t put anything in there, it should all go into the usermaps folder.edit: Now that I look at your screenshot, your words are all messed up! Looks like some sort of funny virus to me, better get that straight first! :)

The file that you need to save to a safe place is a folder named players in your cod4 folderCautionOnly consider reinstalling as a last resort Dave it can go all very wrongEven re-entering your key code can reset your main profile details and you will lose all your rank etc details from your main game. It happened to me!!! Luckily I had a back up of my DaDs ranked profile that I copied into my players folder.When in game, when I switch from stock to modded maps, I also go via the desktop as it switches over but I always seem to get into the game in time as a general rule.

So as a solution could it be possible to lenghten the time before we can start the game. Something like 5 seconds more. I understand that if I am the only player who experiece that problem I will just wait for 2nd round to start. But I remember that a lot of players are asking for a restart on S&D.

I also experience the fact that the S&D has started before I am done loading the map. Could the reason be that I have too little RAM (1024 mb)?Ricky

Guest Wise

Rikken1969 wrote:

I also experience the fact that the S&D has started before I am done loading the map. Could the reason be that I have too little RAM (1024 mb)?Ricky
I\'m running 4 gigs and there\'s been times when I don\'t get in quick enough for S&D, so it\'s not that lol