IrishFarmer

Dads Army, now with 1.6% more Dad

Hey, guys.  I'm really excited that I found this place.  I've been looking for a clan, ever since my friends have either all moved away or started families and just don't have time to play anymore.  I've been part of a clan in the past, and really enjoyed it, but the scene has changed so much.  Clan websites are locked down, they're all about competition rather than enjoyment first, and they require a large time commitment.

One thing that draws me here is how welcoming your site and community seem so far.

Quick blurb about me, I've got one kid and another on the way.  So, I play mostly at night (and occasionally for a couple hours during the day) on my XBox One and PC.  I really love FPS games, especially anything Battlefield.  My collection isn't large, but if people I know are playing a game I'll usually buy it because the social aspect matters to me as much as the game's fun factor. 

My PC has an R9 290X GPU, 4.2GHz processor, 8GB Ram.  The only game so far that's been able to slow it down is Tomb Raider on maxxed out settings, which drops it to 30fps in outdoor areas.  So, hopefully I can play anything you guys are playing.

I don't want to drop money on the clan right off the bat.  I haven't been around too long, but I'm hoping I can play with you guys a couple of times, see how things go, and from there I hope to become a full member. 

You guys seem like a great bunch, so I'm pretty confident I've found the right place.

I'll probably be poking around for a while, maybe join a discussion or two, find out where you guys are playing and see how things go.  Look forward to seeing you guys around.  (My name will always be "IrishFarmer", even if it has a number after it.)

hey glad you stopped in.

first of all drop that crappy GPU i got a AMD 270x ill take one for the team and trade you.....lol

all joking aside welcome if there is anything we can do pls let us know :D 

Welcome!

We can always use 1.6% more DaDs.

If you want to jump in and get your feet wet so to speak, grab Zombies Monsters Robots via Steam (it's free to play) and jump in. We usually have people online nightly playing this game as well as others like World of Tanks or 7 Days to Die along with a few other games. Also if you have Team Speak 3, really a must have, jump on our server... the public lobby is open to anyone. If after a few days or weeks you feel this is the place for you, fill out an app and you can get the member process started.

-Keg-

Sounds like we are exactly what you are looking for.

As keg has said.  Join us on TeamSpeak.  get to know us, if you like the general group.  Then you can look at dropping off an application to join in.

For now.  If you would like to be in a recruit status, you can.  Or just hang out for a bit and figure us out.

Glad you found us.  See you on the TS server soon.

Norse.

Welcome Farmer, glad you found us!

As others have mentioned above, jump in when you can and get to know us and us you. Please take a look at our clan rules as far as comms, etc and have fun.

If you have any questions, let one of us HQ guys know and we will help you the best we can.

Welcome again!

Robb

hey glad you stopped in.

first of all drop that crappy GPU i got a AMD 270x ill take one for the team and trade you.....lol

all joking aside welcome if there is anything we can do pls let us know :D

Lol, well if you want to just give me the 270 so I can crossfire it, I wouldn't say no to that.

Welcome!

We can always use 1.6% more DaDs.

If you want to jump in and get your feet wet so to speak, grab Zombies Monsters Robots via Steam (it's free to play) and jump in. We usually have people online nightly playing this game as well as others like World of Tanks or 7 Days to Die along with a few other games. Also if you have Team Speak 3, really a must have, jump on our server... the public lobby is open to anyone. If after a few days or weeks you feel this is the place for you, fill out an app and you can get the member process started.

-Keg-

Just started the download last night, I'm gonna try and hop on and play sometime tonight.  I haven't heard of the game yet, so I'm pretty excited to get started. 

I've been on TS a couple of times already.  Do you guys play in a different room than the public one?  Am I able to get into the ZMR room or clan only?

Sounds like we are exactly what you are looking for.

As keg has said.  Join us on TeamSpeak.  get to know us, if you like the general group.  Then you can look at dropping off an application to join in.

For now.  If you would like to be in a recruit status, you can.  Or just hang out for a bit and figure us out.

Glad you found us.  See you on the TS server soon.

Norse.

Yeah, this definitely seems like the right place.  Does recruit status get me into any of the TS lobbies?  If so, I'd like to go that route if I need to to chat while playing ZMR or something.  Otherwise, no big deal, I have a feeling I'll be filling out the app sooner rather than later.

Welcome Farmer, glad you found us!

As others have mentioned above, jump in when you can and get to know us and us you. Please take a look at our clan rules as far as comms, etc and have fun.

If you have any questions, let one of us HQ guys know and we will help you the best we can.

Welcome again!

Robb

Thanks.  I took the grand tour of the site last night, read everything I could.  An occasional swear word has been known to pass my lips when playing Battlefield, but that's why TS has push-to-talk.  But anyway, it's a bad habit I've needed to break so now's as good a time as any to stop.  Otherwise, I really like that you keep that trolls and all of that out.  Sounds like this will be a good place to play.

Welcome to our clan. I play mostly Battlefield 4 for the moment. Zombies scare me..   :lol: Where u live, IrishFarmer?

Ricky

Excellent!  I'm always looking to squad up with people.  Unfortunately, I have BF4 on the XOne right now and I don't have the heart to rebuy it and start from scratch.  Are you getting Hardline on PC?  You play any of the older games in the series?

Right now I'm hibernating in Nebraska.  Although, hopefully that will change soon and I'll be living somewhere warmer.  Are most of you guys from the US?  Europe?

Just started the download last night, I'm gonna try and hop on and play sometime tonight.  I haven't heard of the game yet, so I'm pretty excited to get started. 

I've been on TS a couple of times already.  Do you guys play in a different room than the public one?  Am I able to get into the ZMR room or clan only?

ZMR has been pretty much under everyone's radar... so I'm not surprised that you have never heard of it. But it's a good game, and if you have ever played any of the Gears of Wars titles, you should feel right at home.

As for TS... someone will have to grab you from the public lobby and place you into a room, most of us will create a room for the game we are playing an people join that. But since your not an official member you only have access to the public lobby.

What name are you using when you log onto TS?

Add me to your Steam friends list (Kegaro) so you can at least message someone if nobody notices you sitting in the pub lobby.

ZMR has been pretty much under everyone's radar... so I'm not surprised that you have never heard of it. But it's a good game, and if you have ever played any of the Gears of Wars titles, you should feel right at home.

As for TS... someone will have to grab you from the public lobby and place you into a room, most of us will create a room for the game we are playing an people join that. But since your not an official member you only have access to the public lobby.

What name are you using when you log onto TS?

Add me to your Steam friends list (Kegaro) so you can at least message someone if nobody notices you sitting in the pub lobby.

I'll log in as IrishFarmer.  Do I need to set up a log in and password name so that there's some consistency?  I haven't used TS in about 8 years so I can't remember how it all works.  I added a Kegaro on steam, but there were four variants on that name.  Hopefully it was the right one, it was at the top of the list when I searched.  Anyway, I'll be on tonight.  If I don't see anyone I'll just putz around on Battlefield, or something.