Sign in to follow this  
Jadefalcon

Windows 10

No brainer, do it.

I do have a question as to the process on if it allows a clean install. I would guess you get a key, and if you download the iso and install the OS later you re-use the key. Have not researched it yet, just really a few readings here and there while at work. 

Going to be a good OS and its going to do a lot of cool things Im looking forward to. Going to tie in the xbox to the PC and stream gaming to it, looking forward to it!

Ok I reserved my free copy too.  For anyone that hasn't clicked on the icon in the bottom left of your task bar, once you click on it you will be able to reserve your free copy no dl is available at this time. 

If you want to mess with Windows 10 grab the Preview ISO and install it on something so you know what you're getting yourself into. I have this running on another machine at home... it's kind of meh if you ask me. I think I'll stay on the Win7 train until the conductor physically throws me off the train. I definitely won't be "reserving" a copy... lol

I'm hearing good things from others I know that have the preview running now. I'm sure there will be some bumps in the road but what doesn't?

So Why is Win 10 free? When I see FREE..I think Whats the catch?

I will put this on my wife's computer, because Win 8.1 is terrible, and wait and see for my computer.

Windows 8 was terrible, I'm using windows 8.1 and its solid. I use this thing 8-10 hours day and after getting used to it I can't complain. Windows 10 will have some features to integrate with xbox and some other niceties that has my excited for an operating system which I haven't really been since Windows 95.  :lol:

Why is it free?

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/windows-10-free-why-is-microsoft-giving-away-its-new-operating-system-and-whos-losing-out-9995492.html

I am rarely up to date on OS held on to windows 98 until I didn't have a choice  then bought a builders copy of XP which sadly was only 32bit edition, suffered through Vista on my laptop, windows 7 was not bad on my wifes laptop, bought windows 8 for this build upgraded to 8.1 not bad per say but I hope to be able to do a fresh install with 10 

OK, I'm up and running. One of my machines I forced an update and on another machine at home it was just there, waiting... Weird how it is staggered. But come to think about it, my main PC was the last one to register for a free upgrade while the one I meantioned that has the update waiting was one of the first in the house to click the free upgrade.

I still have never been offered this upgrade you are all talking about.  Not sure what I am missing.

Are you on windows vista? Anyway, have a look here:

I want to reserve my free copy of Windows 10, but I don’t see the icon on the taskba​r.

For everyone one else Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool.

My xbox one controller connects right up to windows 10. Right now, I'm streaming plants vs zombies on my xbox one to my windows 10 laptop. Never thought I would see the day Im playing my X1 from my laptop with its controller connected to it. This legit!!