Norseman3971

Turtlebeach XP 7 / TS3 / Rust conflict

So.....  For a while I have had issues with my TB XP 7 headset with Rust and TS3.  

To make it work in the past.  I had to launch TS3 first.  Then launch Rust.  By doing so it enabled me to have both working.

If I launched Rust first.  Then TS3 would not get access to my audio chat and TS3 was unusable.

So 2 days ago.  I figured, let me flash the firmware of my TB XP 7 USB device and see if it fixes it.

Well.................

Now when I run TS3 first, then launch Rust.   Rust crashes.

If I launch Rust first, and then TS3.  TS3 is again not able to get access to the sound / chat channels needed.

I contact Turtlebeach.  Their response was something like this.  I cannot copy and paste on this forum, not sure why.

The XP 7 headset used a lot of resources to run.  Rust also uses a lot of resources.  So when you try to run TS3. There are no resources left.

This is a hardware issue and not a software issue so there is no fix at this point and time.

So here I am......  Stuck between a rock and a hardplace to get TS3 working while playing Rust.

Thoughts to fix this issue???

Thanks.

Norse.

Got another e-mail from Turtle Beach.

Basically the headset is complicated so it used more USB resources.  And since I have other USB devices (G15 keyboard) that are also "complicated" they take more USB resources.

So the solution to the issue is that I just need to get a simplified headset..   So I guess I'll go shopping for a headset that I can use the on board sound.  I'll figure out what to do with this $200 headset that is basically worthless.  Maybe pass down to my kids......  for their PS3..........

Who would have figured this.................

http://support.turtlebeach.com/entry/830517153/

http://support.turtlebeach.com/entry/830517604/

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2363022/turtle-beach-z22-headset-microphone-error.html

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/turtle-beach-headsets-work-pc-57721.html

Not sure if you try any of these but Its worth the try !!! 

Also I am willing to bet that headset needs an individual usb port dedicated to itself. Which means you will have to wipe out your usb ports and drivers. Start from fresh with USB headset first. 

What I recommend is reinstalling Windows from scratch after Windows is in and all security programs are installed, the very first hardware that should be installed is the headset. Having only the headset installed should be easier to trouble shoot if you run into any problems. 

This is a fresh windows install..........  So that is out........   Maybe playing with the usb drivers and uninstalling them all and starting from scratch.........  maybe...

I am done with USB headsets.  Using an actual PCI sound card of some type or on board sound if it is worthy.

My issue is not getting the headset to work.  It works fine.  It is the USB resources (supposedly) that are used up from the headset and then rust and leaves nothing left for TS.  So Turtlebeach claims.

Before I flashed the darn firmware I at least could get it to work by starting TS first and then the game.  So I still blame Turtlebeach's firmware.

Drivers and recognition of the software is also not the issue.  It sees it just fine.

I've always preferred the USB headsets versus standard audio jack headsets. They just had a history of giving me issues. USB was always so easy to just plugin, bleep bleep and it worked. Maybe you just need a regular old headset man, keep it simple. 

I used standard audio jacks until my latest headset.   Now after that headset.  I think I'll stick with the standard audio jacks.

Why do I need yet another device when I already have a device in my computer that does the SAME THING.

The XP 7 is getting relegated down to a spare until they figure it out.  I used them for almost a year.  had to send them in to get replaced because of the cheap plastic for the head band and my fat head (yes, I do have a large melon).  So now that I have the newer pair.  They will now collect dust once my new set comes in.

Keg.  What do you use for a head set with standard audio jacks??

Thanks in advance.

Keg.  What do you use for a head set with standard audio jacks??

Thanks in advance.

I have used Sennheiser headphones for almost 20 years now... every time I try something new, they end up being garbage and I always go back to Sennheiser. I am currently using the Sennheiser Game One headset. Yes, they are semi expensive, but with my past experience with their headphones these should last me 4 to 5 years.

*edit* I listed the wrong headphones, I am using the Game Ones, not the Game Zeros.