Kegaro

Time to upgrade!!!

Here is what I plan on putting into this beast...

Case: Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case (White)
Motherboard: Asus Z170-DELUXE ATX LGA1151
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 256GB @ 6Gb/s
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO-Series 500GB @ 6Gb/s
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 3GB SuperClocked+ (This is my current video card, I'm going to test it out as a dedicated PhysX processor)
Power Supply: Corsair 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX

I would also like to purchase a Dell S2716DG 144Hz 27.0" monitor, but that probably wont happen right now, it's a budget buster.

Nice setup Keg, WOW this setup is almost identical to what Iam running right now. 

I do have 7 850's SSDs two of those are 500gb

Also that Corsair H1001 cooler, I swear by that thing.... CPU at 27 Celscius no mater what you throw at it. 

32 gigs its awesome for photshop and video rendering

I have the 970 card 

ASUS Mobo Maximus Extreme 

Same power suppy !!! 

I run 3 ASus monitors 

HAve fun, looks good !!!

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO-Series 500GB @ 6Gb/s

Did you copy and paste get stuck!?!?! LOL... Maybe a little RAID 10? (mirroring of RAID 1 with the striping of RAID 0)

I've got an extra one sitting on my desk at the moment.  Been putting them in PCs here at the house, especially my wife's computer. She has slowly stopped complaining about her computer always being so slow.  :wub:

Did you copy and paste get stuck!?!?! LOL... Maybe a little RAID 10? (mirroring of RAID 1 with the striping of RAID 0)

Nope, 1 drive (256GB) for OS and Apps... 1 drive (256GB) for Uplay... 1 drive (256GB) for Borigin... and 1 drive (500GB) for Steam.

This is my gaming rig and I'm OCD about mixing things together on drives.

This upgrade has been put on hold... temporarily.

The wife started freaking out about me spending so much money around X-Mas. So we made a deal, I would pick up one part now, my choice, and come tax season she wouldn't say anything when I go bat sh** crazy with the tax return. I think I made out on the upside of the deal. So I ordered a video card, EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+, which I can use now and will pick up the rest in 3 months or so. :) 

Had to RMA my old 570 video card, that was in my boy's computer. Surprise, Surprise they sent me a 4gb 960 back.

Thanks EVGA. Might have to do some upgrades to his computer now. It's running a I7 920 on a X58 motherboard.

I finally ordered the rest of the parts for my new rig last night... made 1 change though. I switched from the Asus Z170-DELUXE to the Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Z170.

Case: Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case (White)

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Z170 LGA 1151
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
Power Supply: Corsair 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX

I do have 7 850's SSDs two of those are 500gb

32 gigs its awesome for photshop and video rendering

Also for a good sized, Hyper-V (or VMware) home lab! Have that in the home machine now and virtual machines just fly around with speed as I build and work things out. 

The new rig is alive and breathing. I am still waiting for my braided power cables, but I at least got it running, installed Windows 7, and got that updated. Still no games loaded though. 

This my first full build in almost 5 years, so I went as close to the bleeding edge as I could afford to. I have been doing piece meal upgrades over the past 5 years.

RoG gave me more overclocking options for the future, currently not running any OC on the CPU, but I had to play with the voltages on the memory to get it to run at it's proper speed. It wanted to default to 2333Mhz as opposed to 3000Mhz. My son also picked up a RoG board a few months back and while we built his machine I decided to give one a shot as well since his had no issues at all during the build. I also have had Sabertooth boards in my last 2 machines and wanted to go with something different this time, plus it has pretty lights on it!  :P

i7 over i5, faster base clock speeds, more threads, and a slightly larger L3 cache. Plus I just had an i5 in my old rig and wanted something a little beefier in the new one.

I'll put up some pics once I get my braided cables in and installed.