DaDs HQ

A Fallen DaDs Friend - Jason "Kufie" Chiasson

To All DaDs members, friends, and fellow gamers,
It is with profound sadness and a heavy heart that we must inform you all of some terrible news. Regrettably, we must inform you all that our long time friend and fellow gamer, Jason "Kufie" Chiasson has passed away. He passed unexpectedly on January 4th, 2016, he had just turned 43. We all knew Kufie as an extremely lovable and free spirited individual and it saddens us immensely that he is no longer with us. Many of us have spent countless hours with him in-game. I believe several of us even had the opportunity to spend time with him in person up in Maine. Please feel free to post stories and memories of your time with him below, as I am sure it would be nice for the family to know that he was loved by a lot of people that they themselves may not even be aware of.

The DaDs will be putting together a memorial event to celebrate Jason's life and love of video games. Please be sure to monitor the website for upcoming information.

Here is a link to his obituary

Rest in peace brother.

Sincerely,

DaDs HQ

Kufie%20Mem%20Banner.png

It's very strange to have to post this. Everyone was just wishing him a happy birthday. I really don't know what else to say other then what was put in the HQ post about him, he was extremely lovable, and he was indeed a very free spirited individual... more so then anyone else I have ever had the pleasure of gaming with. I know he hadn't been around regularly for a bit, but whenever he popped in it was always nice to hear from him. He will be missed.

Rest in Peace Kufie

-Keg- 

So many fun times and many years of gaming. I want to thank you for my first Scott Kelby book and the many great laughs we shared !!!  

May you forever rest in peace brother, Vaya con Dios !!! 

This hits me hard. I had a lot of fond gaming memories and a lot of heart to heart talk with Jason as well. I even corresponded with him after he moved back home before Christmas... This is totally unexpected.

Rest in peace Jason.

RIP Brother, you were a kind and loving heart, I only wish I had found the time to actually meet you.  You were more than just a gaming buddy, you were a good friend and will be dearly missed..

So sorry to hear of Kufie's passing. There are many fond memories of his in game antics and comments.

My condolences to his family.

RIP Jason

Dmfan

(Old DaDs member & officer)

Hello folks i just dropped in to express my heartfelt deep sadness at the passing of our dear friend Kufie i was only talking to him last weekend so this is a huge shock too both myself and my wife, we are both so shocked and saddened at his passing God bless mate our thoughts are with you and your family 

Wow.  I always am surprised and saddened when people pass on too soon.  Being a late comer to the community, I will admit to not knowing Kufie very well.  However, I did game with him on occasion and always had a good time doing so.  My thoughts go out to his friends and family.  RIP brother.

Find peace.  I do not know what else to say.  This hits very hard.

He will be missed dearly.

One of my fondest memories (and it is partially the reason for some hearing loss) is during the first League that I got to play when Friends and Kids were allowed to join in.  We all loved Kufie's outspoken joy, but he had a way of getting kids really, really excited when he was on Ventrilo.  I remember the change in Torchie's voice (highly escalated) when good ole Kuf would join in.  And then Kuf would get louder, then they both would get louder... but it was all in joy, so I just turned down the volume on both and continued smiling.

****, now I'm crying.  I miss you bud.

I am shocked by this news. So sad to hear of Kufie's passing. It was always a joy to play with him. I was fortunate to have him on several league teams including our last one for ZMR, which we won largely thanks to him. He was always so excited to play, a fierce competitor, and a great guy to have around. He will be missed.

It is very sad when someone leaves us too soon. He always brought a lot of energy to comms. I will miss that enthusiasm. 

Hi Everyone.

I hadn't talked to Jason since a couple days before Christmas.

Busy times leads to astonishing sad news as this.

He had a place in Everyone's heart. A GREAT GUY who left a lasting

impression on many.

My heart goes out to all his family and friends.

RIP Kufie. :(