• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

DaDs HQ

DaDs HQ

HQ

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Discord.png

Those of us in DaDs HQ wanted to post up a little blurb about some testing that has been going on. In the last week or so we have been testing out a new voice communication application that was brought to our attention by GreyMouser, and it's called Discord. So, if you haven't seen a lot of the usual people on Team Speak this past week, this is the reason why and you can blame Mouser :P.

Discord is a new voice communications application that is currently in beta form and has been circulating around the gaming community for some time now. HQ decided to give this voice comms application a try to see how it compares to Team Speak and how easy and/or hard it was to setup and configure. Currently with Team Speak there are some issue that we feel will only be resolved by completely rebuilding our current Team Speak server, which will be a fairly sizable undertaking. So we figured what better time then now to test out a possible replacement. This is not to say that we will be moving away from Team Speak and going to Discord, but that also isn't an option that is out of the realm of possibility. As of right now the testing has been pretty smooth for an application that is still in beta. We currently have 9 DaDs members that are signed up and have connected to The DaDs Army Discord server, but we would like to see even more of you give it a shot.

So for the next few weeks HQ would highly encourage anyone that normally uses our Team Speak server to also download Discord and join The DaDs Army server. If you wish to find out more about Discord you can check out this link and see all the features that come along with it... I know my favorite so far is being able to use it on my iPhone. Also, please leave some feedback for us in the Discord thread so we know what you guys think of the application.

They have added a toggle to make the link permanent, so the link below should no longer expire.

DaDs Army Discord

-HQ-

• Burner likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users